Assemble in God’s Name
Welcome and Concerns of the Church
s Passing the Peace
s Bible Songs: "The Aged Christian’s Prayer” #151
Lighting the Candles
Call to Worship (Deuteronomy 4:30-31)
Leader: The Lord be with you
People: And with you also
Leader: When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days.
People: If thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice.
Leader: He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee.
People: He will not forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
The Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:11-22)
s Hymnbook: “My Hope is Built on Nothing Less" #368
s Gloria Patri #546
Presentation of Tithes and Offerings
s Doxology #544
Dismissal to Children’s Church (5 and Under)
A Prayer for Virginia Tech
First Reading: Matthew 24: 24-31
Second Reading: Revelation 7:13-17
Go in God’s Name
s The Apostles' Creed
s Prayer of Thanksgiving
s The Lord's Prayer
s Hymnbook: “Rejoice, Rejoice, Believers” #231
s Extinguishing the Candles
s Charge and Blessing
s: all who are able, please stand.
It is with delight that we welcome all worshipers. May your spirit be fed and may the Lord’s hand rest upon us all as we worship God in sincerity and in truth.
Bible Study, Wednesday, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. We have finished our study of Paul. This Wednesday will begin a study of the Reformation.
April 28, beginning at 10:30 a.m.
Get your tickets today and sell them to everyone you know. There will be a prize for the person selling the most tickets. Also, we need folks to help cook, serve, work in the kitchen, deliver, and whatever else needs to be done. Please sign up on the sheets in the narthex of the church.
Westminster Confession of Faith
(Chapter 32, paragraph 2)
“At the last day, such as are found alive shall not die, but be changed; and all the dead shall be raised up with the self-same bodies, and none other, although with different qualities, which shall be united again to their souls forever.”
The Great Tribulation
(11) And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray.
(12) And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold.
(13) But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.
(14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.
(15) When therefore ye see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let him that readeth understand),
(16) then let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains:
(17) let him that is on the housetop not go down to take out things that are in his house:
(18) and let him that is in the field not return back to take his cloak.
(19) But woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days!
(20) And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on a sabbath:
(21) for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be.
(22) And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
If you have questions or comments, email Tony Grant
Copyright 2000 York Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
Last Modified: 01/30/08