Assemble in God’s Name
Welcome and Concerns of the Church
s Passing the Peace
s Bible Songs: "God’s Providential Goodness” #129
Lighting the Candles
Call to Worship (Psalm 65:1, 6)
Leader: The Lord be with you
People: And with you also
Leader: Praise is due to thee, O God, in Zion.
People: Unto thee shall the vow be performed.
Leader: By your Strength, Lord, you set fast the mountains. People: Being girded with power:
The Mystery of Resurrection (I Corinthians 15:50-58)
s Hymnbook: “Rejoice, Rejoice, Believers” #231
s Gloria Patri #546
Presentation of Tithes and Offerings
s Doxology #544
Dismissal to Children’s Church (5 and Under)
Prayers of the People
First Reading: John 14:1-7
Second Reading: I Thessalonians 4:13-18
Go in God’s Name
s The Apostles' Creed
s Prayer of Thanksgiving
s The Lord's Prayer
s Hymnbook: “Christ Shall Have Dominion" #502
s Extinguishing the Candles
s Charge and Blessing
s: all who are able, please stand.
The glory of the Lord abides with us. We welcome all who have come to lift up their hearts and minds to Almighty God, our loving Creator.
Bible Study, Wednesday, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The Session and Diaconate will meet jointly tonight at 7:00. Separate meetings will follow.
April 28, beginning at 10:30 a.m.
Get your tickets today and sell them to everyone you know. There will be a prize for the person selling the most tickets. Also, we need folks to help cook, serve, work in the kitchen, deliver, and whatever else needs to be done. Please sign up on the sheets in the narthex of the church.
Westminster Confession of Faith
(Chapter 32, paragraph 2)
“At the last day, such as are found alive shall not die, but be changed; and all the dead shall be raised up with the self-same bodies, and none other, although with different qualities, which shall be united again to their souls forever.”
The Mystery of Resurrection
(I Corinthians 15:50-58)
(50) Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
(51) Behold, I tell you a mystery: We all shall not sleep, but we shall all be changed,
(52) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
(53) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
(54) But when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
(55) O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting?
(56) The sting of death is sin; and the power of sin is the law:
(57) but thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(58) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not vain in the Lord.
If you have questions or comments, email Tony Grant
Copyright 2000 York Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
Last Modified: 01/23/08